Health Savings Account (HSA)
Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could use pre-tax dollars to fund your medical expenses? With a health savings account (HSA), you can.
If you're enrolled in a high deductible healthcare plan, an HSA is an excellent option. Earn interest like regular savings, and use the funds now or later. It's yours to keep even if you leave your current job. Open one today!
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Prepare for qualified medical expenses
- Earn interest above standard savings on entire balance
- Receive higher rates on larger deposits
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free earnings through investment
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more*
- Contributions are tax-free and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Annual contribution limits set by the IRS
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Keep your HSA in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- Federally insured by FDIC
- $100 minimum deposit to open
- Waived when accounts are set up with employers for direct deposit
Ready to Open Your Account?
View our Account Opening Checklist to find everything you'll need to open your account.
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty.